Oven humidity has a significant impact on the quality and consistency of your baked goods. The SCORPION® 2 Profiling System from Reading Thermal provides the critical information you to understand and improve the processes that affect your products.
Too little moisture can cause goods that should be soft and moist to overbake and become tough or dry or directly affect breakage during the packaging process. Too much humidity can lighten the crust color of baked goods or increase their volume.
Reading Thermal, headquartered in Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania, has been studying, measuring, and understanding the commercial baking process for more than 25 years.
We manufacture and support the SCORPION® 2 Profiling System that measures and maps key baking parameters and has become a standard in the baking industry.
Digital Humidity Sensor
The SCORPION® 2 Digital Humidity Sensor measures the absolute moisture content of the thermal environment in both heating and cooling processes. The sensor travels through the oven with your product, yielding a precise profile of moisture experienced by the product.
This new Digital Humidity Sensor has a breakthrough design that provides a better way to measure humidity in your oven, proofer, dryer and cooling tunnel.
It contains a proprietary humidity sampling system with patent pending Anti-Saturation Technology™ that allows measurements in high temperature and very high dew point processes. The sampling system contains patent pending Anti-Saturation Technology™, allowing measurements in very high dew point environments, such as steam injection.
Our Digital Humidity Sensor is compatible with direct gas fired (DGF) ovens. Unlike oxygen sensor technology, which can be off by as much as 25% as a result of combustion gases in DGF ovens, the accuracy of this Digital Humidity Sensor remains the same regardless of the oven platform.
15 Reasons to Buy or Upgrade to the Digital Humidity Sensor:
- Compatible with existing SCORPION® 2 Data Loggers
- Anti-Saturation Technology™ allows measurements in steam conditions
- Unaffected by combustion gases in the baking chamber (DGF Ovens)
- Single sensor for low temp (%RH) and high temp (Absolute Humidity) applications
- % Moisture by Volume, Air Temp, Dew Point Temp and %RH displayed
- Dew Point measurements from 32°F (0°C) to 212°F (100°C)
- Relative Humidity measurement from 0% to 100% RH
- Two product probe inputs for product core temperature measurements
- Documents humidity during Kill Step Validation
- No preheating required
- No special thermal barriers required
- Increased dwell time
- Free software upgrade
- User-friendly ready light
- Compatible with 32mm tall systems
When you need a precise profiling solution to measure oven humidity, the Scorpion® 2 Profiling System from Reading Thermal can help. Call us at (610) 678-5890 Ext. 2, or contact us online for more details about our innovative products.