To bake your products to perfection, you need an analyzer to know what happens inside your industrial bakery oven. Optimizing oven conditions is easier when you use profiling equipment from Reading Thermal.
The experts at Reading Thermal, a Reading Bakery Systems brand, have researched the commercial baking process for over 25 years. The team developed and supports the SCORPION® 2 Profiling System and Data Logger, a powerful tool for analyzing and improving your proofing, baking, cooling, and freezing processes.
Why Thermal Profiling is Important
The characteristics of baked goods are defined by the amount and type of heat applied to them while they bake, and all ovens bake differently. Analyzing and controlling the differences are critical to understanding how your finished products will be affected. The benefits include:
- Quick troubleshooting
- Better product quality
- Greater productivity
- Lower energy costs
- Efficient development of new processes
Connecting smart sensors and sensor arrays to the SCORPION® 2 Profiling System and passing them through the oven with the product helps the measurement system capture the four main baking parameters:
1) Temperature (air, band, and product core): Insufficient or excessive heat can lead to unwelcome texture, color, and taste changes. The Scorpion® 2 Temperature Sensor Array measures temperature at the product level and delivers a precise picture of temperatures from side to side and end-to-end.
2) Air flow (velocity): Measuring oven air velocity with the SCORPION® 2 Air Velocity Sensor is essential because airflow influences the texture, firmness, coloration, and baking time of the final product. The profiles will help identify airflow differences between baking zones and undesirable air currents that cause inconsistent baking.
3) Heat flux (energy transfer): Analyzing and controlling energy transfer is critical to understanding how it will affect the finished characteristics of your products. The SCORPION® 2 Heat Flux Sensor measures radiant and heat fluxes and displays the results in Btu/hr·ft2 or convective W/m2.
4) Humidity: Global bakers trust the SCORPION® 2 Digital Humidity Sensor, to accurately measure the actual moisture content in heating and cooling processes.
Reading Thermal Profiling Service
If you suffer from inconsistent product quality, moisture retention, uneven bakes, or low production capacity, Reading Thermal can help. Regardless of who manufactured your industrial oven, our term has the expertise to profile and inspect it with the SCORPION® 2 Profiling System. We offer the SCORPION® Profiling Service to help customers solve problems at their locations.
Our state-of-the-art SCORPION® Data Logging Measurement System collects thermal profiles of temperature (air, band, product), heat flux, air velocity, and humidity. We can analyze a single line or perform multi-line comparison studies to determine what is causing processing problems and help you find solutions.
With an oven analyzer from Reading Thermal, you can adjust your commercial bakery oven to achieve superior products. Call us in Sinking Spring, PA, at (610) 678-5890 Ext. 2, or contact us online to explore the Scorpion 2 Data Logger and our other innovative products.