Measuring humidity inside your industrial bakery oven with the SCORPION® 2 Profiling System and Data Logger and the Digital Humidity Sensor from Reading Thermal can help you improve your baking processes and your products.
Reading Thermal, a Reading Bakery Systems brand, has studied the commercial baking process for more than 25 years. We manufacture and support the SCORPION® 2 Profiling System and Data Logger which measures and maps the key baking parameters of temperature, humidity, air velocity, and heat flux.
With the SCORPION® 2, you can monitor actual in-process conditions and get the important information you need to correct problems and maintain optimum process control. This powerful diagnostic tool has become an industry standard for understanding and improving your proofing, baking, cooling and freezing processes.
By connecting our different smart sensors and sensor arrays to the SCORPION® 2 Profiling System and passing them through the oven with your product, the measurement system can capture the four key baking parameters: 1) temperature [air, band and product core], 2) airflow [velocity], 3) energy transfer [heat flux], and 4) humidity.
Following data collection, the profiles are downloaded from the Data Logger to a PC for analysis with the proprietary SCORPION® Software.
Digital Humidity Sensor Advantages
The new Reading Thermal Digital Humidity Sensor provides a better way to measure humidity in your oven, proofer, dryer and cooling tunnel.
The breakthrough design offers a more accurate and reliable way to measure the absolute moisture content of the thermal environment. The sensor contains a proprietary humidity sampling system with patent pending Anti-Saturation Technology™ that allows measurements in high temperature and very high dew point processes.
15 Reasons to Buy or Upgrade to the Digital Humidity Sensor:
- Compatible with existing SCORPION® 2 Data Loggers
- Anti-Saturation Technology™ that allows measurements in steam conditions
- Unaffected by combustion gases in the baking chamber (DGF Ovens)
- Single sensor for low temp (%RH) and high temp (Absolute Humidity) applications
- % Moisture by Volume, Air Temp, Dew Point Temp and %RH displayed
- Dew Point measurements from 32°F (0°C) to 212°F (100°C)
- Relative Humidity measurement from 0% to 100% RH
- Two product probe inputs for product core temperature measurements
- Documents humidity during Kill Step Validation
- No preheating required
- No special thermal barriers required
- Increased dwell time
- Free software upgrade
- User-friendly ready light
- Compatible with 32mm tall systems
Managing the humidity in your commercial bakery oven during your baking processes can improve your products. Get in touch with us to learn more about our high temp Digital Humidity Sensor and other innovative products. Contact Reading Thermal online, or call our headquarters in Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania at (610) 678-5890 Ext. 2.