If you are interested in an industrial bakery oven temperature monitor, look no further than the state-of-the-art Reading Thermal SCORPION® 2 Profiling System with Temperature Sensor Array.
Reading Thermal, a Reading Bakery brand that is headquartered in Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania, has been focused on measuring and understanding the commercial baking process for more than 25 years. We manufacture and support the SCORPION® 2 Profiling System, the “brain” of our measurement system and a powerful diagnostic tool that has become an industry standard for improving your proofing, baking, cooling and freezing processes.
Why Temperature Profiling is Important
The quality of your finished products depends upon the performance of your oven. While you may know a lot about every other step in your manufacturing operation, do you know what is happening inside your oven?
The characteristics of baked goods are determined by the amount and type of heat applied to them during the baking process, and every oven bakes differently. Temperature profiling provides you with reliable data that will help you optimize your process, prove process control, and make corrections when required.
The benefits include:
- Better control of product quality
- Better control of product consistency
- Increased productivity
- Reduction of energy consumption and costs
- Improves process repeatability
- Quick troubleshooting
Temperature Sensor Array
The Reading Thermal SCORPION® 2 Temperature Sensor Array measures temperature at product level, in fixed positions across the conveyor, to deliver an accurate representation of what your product is experiencing over time so that you can make changes that will improve your products.
There are two types of pluggable temperature sensors:
- Type A: This is an Air/Conveyor sensor designed to measure air temperature immediately above the conveyor, and the surface temperature of the conveyor itself. It is designed for solid or tight mesh conveyors. One thermocouple in each pair measures air temperature while the other is spring-loaded down onto the conveyor surface.
- Type B: This is an Air/Air sensor that measures upper air temperature immediately above the conveyor, and the temperature of the lower air that is rising through the conveyor. It was created for open mesh conveyors. The upper and lower thermocouples are separated by a thin shield.
The sensor array is connected to the SCORPION® 2 Data Logger and travels through the oven with the product (with the oven fully loaded), producing an exact picture of temperature from side-to-side and end-to-end.
Keep in mind that the four essential oven baking parameters – temperature, air velocity, heat flux, and humidity – are interconnected and work together to control the quality of your final products. For example, humidity is affected by air velocity and temperature. Once you invest in the full-featured SCORPION® 2 Data Logger, you can add smart sensors at any time to explore other oven variables.
Oven temperature can have a significant impact on the quality and consistency of your products. Industrial profiling systems from Reading Thermal will help you monitor temperature measurements in order to bake your products to perfection. Contact us online, or call us at (610) 678-5890 Ext. 2 for more details about our innovative products.