Humidity control in the bread manufacturing process impacts bread production in three ways: storage, dough proofing, and baking. The high-temperature Digital Humidity Sensor from Reading Thermal travels through the oven with your bread, buns, or rolls and yields a detailed profile of moisture experienced by the products.
The experts at Reading Thermal, a Reading Bakery Systems brand, have researched and investigated the commercial baking process for more than 25 years. Our team of heat transfer experts developed the SCORPION® 2 Profiling System and Data Logger, now an industry standard that measures and maps essential baking parameters, such as temperature and humidity, that affect the quality of your products.
How to Measure Oven Temperature & Humidity
The Reading Thermal SCORPION® 2 Temperature Sensor Array is connected to the SCORPION® 2 Data Logger. It travels through a fully loaded oven with the product, accurately representing temperature from side to side and end-to-end. Different types of pluggable sensors are available, including one designed for solid or tight mesh conveyors and one for open mesh conveyors.
The SCORPION® 2 Digital Humidity Sensor provides a better way to measure humidity in your oven, proofer, dryer, and cooling tunnel. The innovative design provides an accurate and reliable way to measure the absolute moisture content of the thermal environment in both heating and cooling processes. The sensor contains a proprietary humidity sampling system with patent-pending Anti-Saturation Technology™ that allows measurements in high temperature and very high dew point processes.
Why Upgrade to the Digital Humidity Sensor
- Compatible with existing SCORPION® 2 Data Loggers
- Anti-Saturation Technology™ that allows measurements in steam conditions
- Unaffected by combustion gases in the baking chamber (DGF Ovens)
- Single sensor for low temp (%RH) and high temp (Absolute Humidity) applications
- % Moisture by Volume, Air Temp, Dew Point Temp, and %RH displayed
- Dew Point measurements from 32°F (0°C) to 212°F (100°C)
- Relative Humidity measurement from 0% to 100% RH
- Two product probe inputs for product core temperature measurements
- Documents humidity during Kill Step Validation
- No preheating required
- No special thermal barriers required
- Increased dwell time
- Free software upgrade
- User-friendly ready light
- Compatible with 32mm tall systems
If your bread manufacturing process results in inconsistent product quality, moisture retention, or uneven baking, consider our other state-of-the-art sensors and sensor arrays, such as the SCORPION® 2 Temperature Sensor Array, the SCORPION® 2 Air Velocity Sensor, and the SCORPION® 2 Heat Flux Sensor.
Humidity and high temperature in your industrial bakery oven can significantly impact the quality and consistency of your products. The SCORPION® 2 Profiling System from Reading Thermal can help you bake your products to perfection. Contact us online, or call us at (610) 678-5890 Ext. 2 to learn more about our innovative products.