Humidity control in the bread manufacturing process impacts production of bread in three ways: storage, dough proofing, and baking. The high temp Digital Humidity Sensor from Reading Thermal travels through your oven with your bread, buns, or rolls and yields a precise profile of moisture experienced by the products.
The experts at Reading Thermal, a Reading Bakery Systems brand, have researched and investigated the commercial baking process for more than 25 years. The team developed and supports the SCORPION® 2 Profiling System and Data Logger, now an industry standard, that measures and maps essential baking parameters that affect the quality of your baked goods.
By connecting our different smart sensors and sensor arrays to the SCORPION® 2 Profiling System and passing them through the oven with your product, the measurement system can capture the four key baking parameters: 1) temperature [air, band and product core], 2) airflow [velocity], 3) energy transfer [heat flux], and 4) humidity.
Following data collection, the profiles are downloaded from the Data Logger to a PC for analysis with the proprietary SCORPION® Software.
Digital Humidity Sensor Advantages
The new Digital Humidity Sensor provides a better way to measure humidity in your oven, proofer, dryer and cooling tunnel.
Its breakthrough design provides a more accurate and reliable way to measure the absolute moisture content of the thermal environment. The sensor contains a proprietary humidity sampling system with patent pending Anti-Saturation Technology™ that allows measurements in high temperature and very high dew point processes.
15 Reasons to Buy or Upgrade to the Digital Humidity Sensor:
- Compatible with existing SCORPION® 2 Data Loggers
- Anti-Saturation Technology™ that allows measurements in steam conditions
- Unaffected by combustion gases in the baking chamber (DGF Ovens)
- Single sensor for low temp (%RH) and high temp (Absolute Humidity) applications
- % Moisture by Volume, Air Temp, Dew Point Temp and %RH displayed
- Dew Point measurements from 32°F (0°C) to 212°F (100°C)
- Relative Humidity measurement from 0% to 100% RH
- Two product probe inputs for product core temperature measurements
- Documents humidity during Kill Step Validation
- No preheating required
- No special thermal barriers required
- Increased dwell time
- Free software upgrade
- User-friendly ready light
- Compatible with 32mm tall systems
If your bread manufacturing process results in inconsistent product quality, moisture retention, or uneven baking, consider our other state-of-the-art sensors and sensor arrays, such as the SCORPION® 2 Temperature Sensor Array, the SCORPION® 2 Air Velocity Sensor, and the SCORPION® 2 Heat Flux Sensor.
Managing the humidity in your commercial bakery oven can take your bread manufacturing process to a whole new level. Get in touch with Reading Thermal to learn more about our high temp Digital Humidity Sensor and our other innovative products. Contact us online, or call our headquarters in Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania at (610) 678-5890 Ext. 2.